News & Views

Applying for a Student Pass if you are Malaysian but your child is a Non-Citizen

For Malaysian mothers with children who are not Malaysian citizens, getting their kids to school can be a tedious process which includes applying for a student pass.

While they might have already applied for citizenship in such situations, they are still required to go through the necessary processes to get an education from a government or private school.

Below, we outline the steps required for this process.

If your child is a non-citizen, here are the steps for applying for a Student Pass in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah to ensure your child is able to attend school
Places that a parent needs to go to renew / apply for a student pass is denoted by purple stars

Source of Information

The above information was provided by Sheena, a Malaysian mother of a non-citizen child, through a story that was originally published in Parents Avenue (now deleted). We reproduce the article here:

This MOJO content was produced with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union, Internews,or SOLS 247 or NGOhub.

Share this article